Plant-based eating can be for everyone, the main idea is not to “diet” or remove something from your nutrition but more about adding more vegetables, fruits, nuts, whole grains, and legumes. For those of you who love their steak or burgers once in a while, you don’t have to completely eliminate animal-based food but you can certainly reduce it by making more meals that are plant-based.
Step 1: Have a grocery list
In order to stick to plant-based eating, have a grocery list. Here’s one we made for you:
Step 2: Plan Your Meals in advance
Here are our favorite ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner:
- Bran cereals with bananas and plant-base milk (this will be a winner for your fiber intake).
- Oatmeal in a jar (see recipe in the next chapter)
- Vegan bread with natural peanut butter and no sugar added jam
- Fruit salad
- Veggie Burger with sweet potato fries
- Vegetable, black beans and rice stir fries
- Grain bowls
- Grains with roasted vegetables
The more you are prepared, the easier it will be to stick to a plant-based nutrition.